Monday, April 5, 2010

The Invite List

We've finally taken the 1st step to planning the wedding and sat down with our parents to draw up the invite list. The thinking behind who to invite is definitely one I don't get.

My mother's list includes my half brothers who have been jerks and pretend we don't exist. My mother insists they will never come anyway but this way I can show that we are better than them. How about I don't prove anything and just not take the chance they'll come for the free food.

My future mother-in-laws list includes people we've never met but who invite her to all their functions. Why would we want people we've never met at our wedding? Isn't this a celebration for the people *we* love and care about? In addition, that's a hell of a lot of people that we have to pay for.

The list currently stands at about 200 but not for long!

I will say that no matter what though, I am finding the planning exciting. I think there may be some battles to come but as long as we make it to the wedding then that is all I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment