Friday, March 8, 2013

Small catchup

I can't believe we have been married for almost 2 years now! Sheesh!

I definitely don't feel like the same person who walked down the aisle. Someone forwarded me an article once that stated people always think they will be the same person going forward. That's bullshit. I don't know who I will be tomorrow because I know I am not the same person I was yesterday. And neither is Ed. I have to admit that he has mellowed in some ways since the wedding. I married a person who can be easily stressed but since we got married, he has tried to be better and he actually has. He still does have his stressers but he keeps on trying to grow. I think I have too. I am learning from him. I never thought I would say that.

A few months after the wedding, Ed moved to day shift while I remained on nights. It's definitely been hard and a lot of work to keep the marriage moving forward while hardly seeing each other. I generally get home while he is sleeping and he leaves when I am sleeping. We only have the weekends and since I work nights and the weekends are the only time I can see many of them, we have had many a disagreement about how much time we can spend with our friends and still be together. He gets to see people after work, but I can't so I do want to be with him but I also want to be able to do normal hang out stuff to without feeling like I am taking away from us. See, it's all a balancing act and sometimes we fail and sometimes we do ok. One way we try to grab time together is by having him visit me at work once a week. He sits at my desk while I am working and we eat dinner together. It's only an hour or two but it does help and I definitely appreciate it. Also, his company moved closer to mine, so I sometimes drop by his office for a quick hello. We take what we can get right?

No comments:

Post a Comment