Monday, April 19, 2010

Urrgg! Sleeveless!

Even before we got engaged, I decided that it was time to lose weight. I was tired of being unhappy with myself so I sucked it up and started going to the gym. 65 lbs later I feel great about myself but there is one thing that I will always hate and that is my arms! The idea of going sleeveless terrifies me yet I cannot find more than a handful of wedding dresses with sleeves and the ones I have seen are less than desirable. Even worse than that are that most dresses are strapless. I have never worn a strapless dress in my life.

It's more and more obvious that most wedding dresses are not made for women built like me. I know I have a long way to go on the weight loss and I know I should be happy with myself (blah, blah, blah) but looking at wedding dresses and fantasizing about how I look in them is part of the fun of the wedding! Looking at dresses and knowing that I am going to have to look extra hard for a dress that is flattering is just really depressing.

1 comment:

  1. it can still be fun - you can always have a shrug or wrap or something similar made to go with a dress you find without sleeves. It'll work out hon, you'll look awesome no matter what way you go xx

    ReplyDelete