Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pet Peeves

1. People commenting that I am only losing weight the my wedding. Yes, I want to look good for the wedding but I started my weight loss before the engagement. I was tired of feeling bad physically and about myself. When people comment that I am only doing it for the wedding it feels like they are minimizing the accomplishment for some reason.

2. People assuming our parents are paying for the wedding. I have no issue with people who can have their parents pay but I am rather proud that I am working my ass off to pay for this thing. I take as much of each paycheck as possible and shove it in the wedding account. I've tried to minimize my spending which is hard because next to eating, buying myself shiny electronics is the way I cope with stress.

1 comment:

  1. That's called haters my dear. When people are jealous of what you have or what you are doing it's easy for them to make some kind of comment or gesture as to why you do things or why it's "easier" for you. Don't let them get you down just tell them to kiss your toned a$$!!!

    ReplyDelete